Applications for our charity places in the 2020 London Marathon are now closed. Thank you to everyone who has applied for one of our London Marathon places. Registration for all charity place runners has now closed, meaning our team has been confirmed and we can no longer offer charity places to our waiting list.
Our charity places are very limited so we ask all Sands charity place runners to apply for a place and pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £2000.
The full application process for our 2021 London Marathon places will be announced here by 1 April 2020. Applications will likely open on this year's race day. If you have any questions about running for Sands at the London Marathon please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Own Place: You can join #TeamSands using your own ballot place by following this link.
If you're lucky enough to receive a London Marathon ballot place you can still join #TeamSands as an own place runner and fundraise as much as you can for Sands. You will receive all of the below support along with our charity place runners..
The iconic Virgin Money London Marathon is the worlds biggest fundraising event
With electric atmosphere, amazing community spirit and hundreds of thousands of supporters, the route passes through London's most famous landmarks such as Big Ben, Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace. It's the experience of a lifetime and we are here to support you every step of the way!
As part of Team Sands you will receive:
- Support from our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target.
- Sands fundraising pack
- Free Sands t-shirt/running vest (or both!)
- Pre-event support from our lovely Challenge Events Team
- Access to a private #TeamSands Facebook Group where you can chat to your fellow team mates taking on the London Marathon with you
- Fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events
- The loudest cheer spots on race day
- Opportunities to celebrate with the team throughout your experience
- #SandsSuperstar Thank You
If you have any questions just get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
Through taking on this legendary run, you will raise much needed money to help us prevent more babies from dying and meet the growing need for our support services.