Sands highlights our amazing volunteers by holding Volunteer Awards: a chance to say thank you for the incredible support and contribution that our dedicated volunteers make across the UK to support bereaved families and anyone affected by the death of a baby.
This year's winners were revealed at a ceremony during Sands Conference on Saturday 23rd November in London.
This event recognises the contribution of all volunteers and rewards the winners for their dedication and commitment.
The categories were:
- Inclusion – empowering men/other faiths/different backgrounds to find/get involved with Sands
- Fundraising – raising large amounts, or helping organise several events/taking part in lots of events
- Awareness – being a Sands champion at events/in IBC training, etc
- Leadership – supporting and encouraging other volunteers
- Support – offering support to bereaved parents and families
- Innovation – coming up with new/useful ideas that have been rolled out to other groups (e.g. Sands United)