15 High Street
Big Steps for Small Feet
We’re taking on Ben Nevis at night, taking Big Steps for Small Feet.
This is a brand new event and an exciting collaboration between 10 baby and child loss charities.
Join us and other baby and child loss charities next summer and challenge yourself to climb the highest mountain in the British Isles overnight.
Ben Nevis stands at an impressive 1343m (roughly 4,00ft) and reaching the summit is guaranteed to be unforgettable experience. This collaborative event hopes to give those who need it the chance to walk and talk together, scaling new heights to unite and raise money for their chosen charity, working to support bereaved families every day.
The overnight climb starts just after sunset; walkers should reach the summit of Ben Nevis just in time for sunrise! During the descent, the spectacular landscapes appear as the day grows lighter. A celebratory team breakfast will be served upon arrival back to the base.
“Losing a child is an unimaginable pain. A time where you can feel very alone in a big world. We will walk together and talk together, no mountain too tall as we aim for our stars on the week before Father’s Day,” Michael, Kyle's Dad
Unfortunately we can no longer accept sign ups for this trip, but it's to not too late to join hundreds of other #SandsSuperstars by taking on the Sands Sunrise Hike this September.
As part of the #BigStepsForSmallFeet team, you will receive:
- a bespoke Sands t-shirt, personalised with a name of your choice, to wear with pride on your hike
- support from a dedicated contact in our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target
- access to the Big Steps for Small Feet community Facebook group
- our Sands fundraising pack full of ideas and advice
- fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events
- a once-in-a-lifetime experience which will help save babies’ lives and raise awareness of 10 amazing charities.