Big Steps for Small Feet
We’re taking on Mount Snowdon in July 2022
We return to take on the highest peak in Wales, Mount Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) one year after our inaugural event that tackled Ben Nevis at night. Once again making Big Steps for Small Feet. We hope to give those who need it the chance to walk and talk together, scaling new heights to unite and raise money for charities working to support bereaved families every day.
'Big Steps for Small Feet' is a chance for us and 8 other charities to unite as one, in togetherness and hope, raising awareness for a cause that is close to each and every one of us. It's an opportunity to show the world that collectively we can make a difference.
"Losing a child is an unimaginable pain. A time where you can feel very alone in a big world. We will walk together and talk together, no mountain too tall.Last year we conquered Ben Nevis as one. Unity, togetherness and an unbreakable spirit in the memory of our children. In July 2022 we return once more as a team. Working together for the same goals. We may not be able to stop the downpour, but we will all walk with you in the rain." - Michael, Kyle's Dad, Anam Cara Fasgadh
You can take part in Big Steps for Small Feet in two ways. You can either fund your own place fully, or raise a minimum sponsorship for Sands. Please see below:
- Self fund - Pay £44 registration fee upfront, plus trip cost of £100 direct to Discover Adventure nearer the time of the trip.
- Minimum sponsorship - Pay £44 registration fee upfront, plus raise a minimum of £250 for Sands (with a minimum of £100 raised by 13 May 2022)
As part of the #BigStepsForSmallFeet team, you will receive:
- a bespoke Sands t-shirt, personalised with a name of your choice, to wear with pride on your hike
- a medal when you cross the finish line
- support from a dedicated contact in our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target
- access to the Big Steps for Small Feet community Facebook group
- our Sands fundraising pack full of ideas and advice
- fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events
- a once-in-a-lifetime experience which will help save babies’ lives and raise awareness of 10 amazing charities.
Need more information?
If you have any questions you can head to the sign up page which has details about the itinerary and the climb itself. Or you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, we are here to help!