Fast and flat, this course was voted the fastest marathon in the UK by Runners World ... ideal if it’s your first marathon or you are looking for a PB. The Edinburgh Marathon has sold out every year since 2008 and is the second largest marathon in the UK, attracting over 30,000 runners. Starting in Edinburgh, the course heads out through East Lothian offering stunning views and an unforgettable running experience.
Guaranteed charity places
Unfortunately, Sands has no guaranteed charity places in this event.
Your own place
You can sign up for a place in the Edinburgh Marathon directly with the organisers here:
As it's your own place, you can set your fundraising target. We suggest £500 - but if you want to shoot for the stars and set it higher, then we're not stopping you!
Once you've done this, make sure to let us know so we can support you on your journey to race day and beyond.
Be part of #TeamSands
As part of #TeamSands you will receive:
- a bespoke Sands running vest, personalised with a name of your choice, to wear with pride
- support from a dedicated contact in our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target
- training advice and tips to ensure you are fully prepared ahead of race day
- access to a private #TeamSands Facebook Group where you can chat to fellow team mates
- our Sands fundraising pack full of ideas and advice fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events
- opportunities to celebrate with the team throughout your experience
Through taking on this atmospheric race, you will raise much needed funds to help us prevent more babies from dying and meet the growing need for our support services. Thank you.
If you have any questions, simply get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 3897 6092