Cycling from Land’s End to John O’Groats, the furthest possible distance in the British Isles, is a classic challenge that many dream of – and now, you can do it for Sands.
Starting at Land’s End on the south-westerly tip of England, you’ll pedal your way through Cornwall, over Dartmoor and north along the Welsh border, skirting the Lake District into Scotland, via lochs and the Highlands to the North Coast and John O’Groats.
Altogether, you will cover almost 1000 miles over 13 days, and we guarantee it’ll be one of the most rewarding things you will ever do!
To sign up for your place, click the button below:
You'll be directed to the Discover Adventure website - our trusted tour operator who are delivering the challenge. Make sure you click Sands as your chosen charity when prompted.
To confirm your place, pay a £349 registration fee and then you'll be asked to pledge to raise a minimum of £3,100 for Sands, or pay the remaining cost of £1,550 for your hike directly to Discover Adventure at least 8 weeks prior to the event date.
Included when you sign up:
- Full vehicle support en-route
- All meals except where specified and accommodation
- Discover Adventure leader, mechanic and driver(s)
- Maps and route information
- Transfer from John O' Groats
Be part of #TeamSands
As part of #TeamSands you will receive:
- a bespoke Sands t-shirt, personalised with a name of your choice, to wear with pride on your hike
- support from a dedicated contact in our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target
- our Sands fundraising pack full of ideas and advice
- fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events
- a once-in-a-lifetime experience which will help save babies’ lives and support bereaved families.
Through taking on this challenging event, you will raise much needed funds to help us prevent more babies from dying and meet the growing need for our support services. Thank you.
If you have any questions, simply get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 3897 6092