Support Sands through a Trust or Foundation
Help Sands to save babies’ lives
Charitable trusts and foundations play an important role in helping Sands to reduce the number of babies dying and to ensure that when a baby does die anyone affected receives the best possible care and support for as long as it's needed.
If you are a trustee or have contact with a trust or foundation we would love to hear from you.
“I am a mother, but not the mother I thought I would be I am a mother who didn’t get to take her baby home”
– Katie, bereaved parent.
Why support Sands
Sands is the UK’s leading baby saving charity, we are also bereavement care experts. Sadly, the death of a baby is not a rare tragedy. Every day in the UK around 14 babies die before, during or soon after birth. Stillbirth and neonatal deaths account for 75% of deaths in children under 16 years of age.
- supports anyone affected by the death of a baby;
- works in partnership with the NHS and healthcare professionals to ensure that bereaved parents and families receive the best possible care and;
- promotes improvements in practice and supports research to help reduce the number of babies dying.
Everything we do – the services we run, the public health messages we promote, the way we raise money – is focused around these three aims.
We recognise that trusts and foundations may have specific interests or objectives so our dedicated team is happy to provide a personal service. We’ll help you meet your aims while ensuring our work brings about long-term, sustainable change. Sands operates at the heart of communities across the UK meaning we have both local and national projects for you to get involved with. Trusts and foundations of all sizes can support Sands and together we can save lives.
What we offer you
- Dedicated support from a member of the Partnerships and Philanthropy team
- Tailored proposals and regular reporting
- The chance to collaborate
- The opportunity to get involved with our regular events
Get in touch
We’re always happy to help with any questions you may have, and we’d be delighted to hear from you.
To discover more, or to discuss how you could get involved, please email Sarah-Jane Pickering at email@example.com or phone 07887 934872